Our 200 hour Hatha/Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Course works on all levels of the mind, body and spirit. You will not only improve your strength and flexibility but your whole being will be rejuvenated. Great knowledge, ancient wisdom, and compassion will form the rock solid foundation from which your inner teacher shall blossom. Whether you plan to teach yoga professionally or simply further deepen your own personal practice, our teacher training program will give you the solid foundation from which your skill will blossom.
We maintain small class sizes and limit the number of students’ to fifteen. We do this to ensure everyone receives the highest standards of quality instruction and the one on one attention they rightfully deserve.
We have created a nurturing and holistic environment where students can come to practice, to learn, to teach, and to ultimately begin the journey inward. You will learn to how to practice and teach fundamental hatha postures, learning modifications, adjustments, and will learn how and when to use props. You will develop a deep awareness and mindfulness towards yourself and others. You will then be able to teach others how yoga can be incorporated into any healing process. You will practice yogic techniques that will greatly improve your wellbeing so your yoga teacher training experience becomes a complete self-inquiry.
Throughout your studies you will practice traditional hatha yoga asana and the ashtanga vinyasa primary series. Hatha Classes will be slower paced with emphasis on alignment principles, hands on adjustments and teaching proper verbal cueing.
The ashtanga vinyasa classes will be taught in the traditional method as taught by Pattabhi Jois. Students will be introduced to one posture at a time and will slowly progress through the series over the course of the month. Student will master each individual posture, thus, allowing a proper opening of the body and the required mental and physical preparation for the subsequent postures. This makes the practice available to everyone, meditative in nature, and also ensures students will not injure themselves.
Students who complete their Yoga Teacher Training program with us in either Rishikesh or Varkala, will feel confident in their ability to teach yoga to others safely and effectively. Students will have ample opportunity to assist the lead teachers in class, to develop their personal teaching styles, create their own sequences, and teach their very own classes. Our loving, nurturing environment is the perfect place to become creative and artistic, to explore, to blossom, and to gain the confidence needed in order to become a truly inspirational teacher.
September 3rd-September 30th 2016
October 3rd-October 30th 2016
November 3rd-November 30th 2016
May 3rd-May 30th 2017
June 3rd-June 30th 2017
July 3rd-July 30th 2017
August 3rd-August 30th 2017
September 3rd-Setember 30th 2017
January 3rd-January 30th 2017 (South Cliff Ashram) Fully booked
February 3rd- February 28th 2017 (South Cliff Ashram) Fully booked
February 15th-March 12th 2017 (North Cliff) Fully Booked
March 3rd-March 30th 2017 (South Cliff Ashram) Fully Booked
March 15th-April 12th 2017 (North Cliff) Fully Booked
July 3rd-July 30th 2017 (South Cliff Ashram)
August 15th-September 13th 2017 (South Cliff Ashram)
October 3rd-October 30th 2017 (South Cliff Ashram)
November 15th-December 12th 2017 (South Cliff Ashram)
January 3rd - January 30th 2018
February 3rd - February 28th 2018
March 15th -April 12th 2018
Our 200 Hour Yoga Training program includes:
• Study of all hatha yoga postures with modifications for various levels
• Appropriate use of props
• Correct physical alignment
• Physical and subtle energetic benefits of postures
• Hands on adjustments
• Learn the principles and art of sequencing and how to create a theme for your class
• Learn to give clear instructions and verbal cues
• Learn how to demonstrate asanas
• Teaching to beginners
• Teaching to special groups such as seniors, children, prenatal yoga, etc.
• Guidelines behind the student teacher relationship
• Ethics of a yoga teacher
Students will have many opportunities to practice yoga teaching so they feel completely at ease and confident in front of a class. At Suddha Anand we have very supportive, nurturing teachers who are here to help you develop and refine your teaching skills.
• Students will learn to guide others through a variety of meditation techniques.
• Meditation teaches us to stop identifying with the external world, the body, the mind, and ceaseless thoughts. When this quieting of the mind occurs, only then have you embarked on the path of yoga, which is identification with the true authentic Self which leads to Samadhi; pure bliss.
Prana is the life force or vital energy. And Pranayama is a way of building and directing this vital energy.
• Learn to teach powerful breath (pranayama) techniques such as ujayi,kapalabhati,bastrika,nadisodhana,kumbhaka,Sheetali,Sheetkari and Bramari.
• Learn how to apply bandhas and understand the effect bandhas have in directing prana (vital life force)
We are proud to announce we have partnered with internationally recognised yoga anatomy teachers and authors, Lesley Kaminoff and Amy Mathews. Many students will recognise these names as the authors of Yoga Anatomy and directors of, The Breathing Project.
Students will become knowledgeable in principals of anatomy as it relates to yoga asana, pranayama, and movement of vinyasa.
• Truly learn and understand the physical effects yoga has on the body
• Learn how to avoid injury in more prone areas and how to work with common injuries
• Learn to teach variations of postures based on a breath centred practice
• Learn to teach postures based in healthy joint and bone alignment
• Learn the subtle energetic effects of yoga on the body
• What is prana and what techniques can be used to direct prana throughout the body
• Kundalini Energy
• The chakra system
• The vayus
• Key influential texts will be studied and students will learn how to apply this ancient wisdom for the betterment of their daily lives. Some of the texts that will be explored include The Vedas, Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradipaka, and The Upanishads.
• Yoga’s journey to the Western world and the most influential yogis
06:00-07:30: Detoxification & pranayama
07:00-08:30: Ashtanga vinyasa
12:15-13:30: Lunch break
13:30-16:30: Self-study/free time/rest
• Please note there aren’t any classes on Sundays. Students have the option of enjoying personal time or they can take part in organized group activities.
Ashram shared accommodation: 1650USD
Ashram Single accommodation: 1850USD
The tuition fee includes accommodation, all required text books, 3 satvic vegetarian meals per day, manuals and supplies.
In order to proceed with the registration process we ask that you submit your online application form along with a non-refundable $250.00 USD deposit. Your deposit will secure your registration and will be deducted from the total cost of tuition. After you have submitted your application and supporting deposit our director will contact you within 1 day of your application to confirm your acceptance into the program.
If you need to change your TTC date, we will honor your deposit and apply it towards another TTC program as long as the date falls within 6 months of your initial course. Please note the course fee is non-refundable.